Rules and Routines
1. Seating ~~ desks will be assigned. Students will be placed
within "teams" for a six week period.
2. Behavior for entering classroom ~~ put things away (empty
bookbag), hang bag up in hall (along with coat) on your numbered
hook. Place homework in appropriate homework bin, sharen 2
pencils, then complete morning work on desk.
3. When done with Morning Work ~~ go to carpeting and read.
Wait at carpeting until morning prayer is said.
4. Leaving classroom ~~ leave only when teacher knows where you
5. Heading of paper ~~ write everything on a line.
6. Turing in papers ~~ Homework goes in homework bins. Worsheets
completed during the school day always get fed to Fido. If it is a
test, turn in directly to teacher OR teacher will collect the test papers.
7. Drinking water ~~ bring a labeled water bottle to class. This bottle
must be brought home each evening to be cleaned.
8. Going to the restroom ~~ go with the class. At other times, raise
your hand and ask for permission.
9. Sharping pencils ~~ always sharpen 2 each morning. There is a
pencil sharpener located within the polka-dot basket at each pod.
If your pencil becomes dull or breaks during the school day, sharpen
your pencil at your desk.
10. Homework ~~ to be done nightly. A notice will be sent home
weekly for late assignments. No weekly "candy" reward will be
given to those who have any late assignments.
11. Taking care of books ~~ never write in hard books. You may
choose to decorate the paper covered hard books.
12. Handwriting ~~ always write neatly. We will begin the year
writing in manuscript, but will progress to writing in cursive.
13. Tests ~~ rarely given on a Monday. Spelling will normally be
given each Thursday. Other tests will be posted on the
14. Trash ~~ put in wastebasket. Take pride in what our classroom
15. Asking questions ~~ ALWAYS RAISE YOUR HAND!!
16. Neatness ~~ always do your best and take your time. Always
keep your desk neat. Always make sure your bookbag, gym bag,
and coat are hung up correctly in the hall.
17. Jobs ~~ you are assigned a new job each week. Many jobs are
done at the end of the day. Make sure you write down home-
work and pack up your bookbag before doing your job.
18. Leaving seat ~~ when getting a tissure, turning in a paper, or throwing
away thrash. During "teachin time" you should remain seated out of
19. Respect ~~ ALL PARENTS, ALL TEACHERS, PLAYGROUND MOMS
AND DADS, CAFETERIA WORKERS, AND CLASSMATES. Also respect
what belongs to others.
20. Graded papers will be sent home weekly within a graded
papers folder, usually on Friday.